Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Jennifer!


Today is Jennifer's 30th birthday, can you believe it?! i thought i'd celebrate in the blogiverse by posting some cute pics of Jen through the ages... Well, at least the ages that i have digital pictures for.

This is Jen... before i married her. Isn't she cute? i don't know how old she was, i'm thinking the 80ies though.

Here she is in Alaska somehwere sometime. I'm thinking early college or late high school. But i think it's easily one of her cutest pictures.

Philmont Scout Ranch, the summer before we met i think. So that would make it 1999 maybe? Finally, after 8 years, she doesn't go on and on about it anymore. Actually, i love her Philmont stories, and look at her, doesn't she look great? I think the time she spent at Philmont is probably one of the happiest times of her life. Can you blame me for falling in love with a girl who had spent the whole summer hiking around?

I think this is Emily's wedding reception, so it must have been some time shortly after we got married, oh look, i inlcuded the date in the file name, it was July of 2001. Smokin'!

i skipped a few years simply to try and keep this post at a reasonable length. This is June of 2004 on the Slickrock trail in Moab. My little mountainbiker. i was not only impressed that she even tried it in the first place, but that she did AWESOME!

July of 2004. My climbing partner. All the pictures i have of her actually climbing tend to be butt shots and i wasn't sure she'd appreciate that. But inspite of her semi-fear of heights, she has always been willing to go climbing with me. Isn't she great?

Here we are in Zion National Park in Sept. of 2004. If i could, i would include all the pictures i have of her hiking, but i won't do that to you. Not because she's not cute and you wouldn't like to see more pictures of her, but because you want to finish reading this some time. She is always willing and able to go hiking with me, even if it means dragging heavy kids around with us (she carries the babies too, ya know).

November of 2004. This photo illustrates a number of Jennifer's qualities. #1, if she's not cooking, cleaning or otherwise taking care of her family (or blogging now), she's got a book in her hands. #2, she takes great care not only of our kids (kid, at the time), but of our nephews (and nieces) too. And finally, #3, this photo was taken in Vegas while visiting my sister, she's always willing to go and visit family with me, even if they live 5+ hours away.

May of 2005. Jennifer is a wonderful gardener! She always makes sure our home is surrouned by flowers and that we do our best to get a garden in. She makes sure we're healthy and, as cheesy as it sounds, doing our best to live in a sort of harmony with the planet.

June of 2005. My wife will try just about anything, even barell racing! She's not a scaredy-cat (except when i try to scare her) and i think she really does great at the things she attempts.

I couldn't resist; here's another hiking picture from October of 2005. But this wasn't any old hike, this was the "hike". Ask her about it, she'll tell you (it involved lots of mud). But at least she did it once, right?

November of 2006, taking care of our baby. Plus, she's beautiful!

And look, she's a model too! With very pretty brown eyes.

Did i mention she's S-E-X-X-Y (sung to the similarly titled TMBG song).

July of 2007. Not just a great wife, but a wonderful mother!

I know, i know. I said i wouldn't do anymore, but look, here she's taking our kid hiking too! And she likes going to my family reunions with me (July 2007).

August of 2008. Look, she even left a motorcycle gang for me. Err, no wait. She joined one for me. And she does a pretty good job of humoring her husband (by letting him but all sorts of toys).

Do i need to even say anything here? (Dec. 2007).

She does a great job keeping everyone posted on our happenings through her blog. (Granted, she doesn't look at that happy about it; probably has something to do with Aaron on her desk).

She is a wonderful helper for me! Whenever i have a project in or around the house the requires or could use more than one pair of (adult) hands, she's always there to help with a smile on her face.

She's always super cute with the kids. She plays with them and makes sure they're happy!

I just can't say it enough: Jennifer is wonderful! I'm glad i get to celebrate her birthdays with her. And if you can't tell, she only seems to get more beautiful with every year. Happy Birthday honey!

13 comments:

princess jen said...

What a sweet hubby I have. Well, except for you posting a picture of me at 13!! I love you!! I can't believe I'm THIRTY!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Jen! What a cute montage of pictures!

Super Daysh said...

I love that first picture! That is too funny for words. Reading through all that was worth it because i got to see that picture. I did a screen capture and now it is going to be my messenger picture. LOL! What sweet wifey you have - I guess she is a good wife and not always mad at you. :) Happy birthday you ol fart! :)

crowfamily said...

I wish I could remember what grade you were in (6th maybe?) But, isn't that the home perm that mom gave you? I love the naked picture of you...you are so pretty! The close up of your face I can't believe how much you look like mom! Happy Birthday! I can't wait to see you in August!

Barbers4 said...

What a truly wonderful gift, Alan (all except for that first photo!--Ugh, we all have some of those!) You are right, you do have a great wife!

Mythreesons said...

jared and I cried we laughed so hard at that first picture. Funniest thing ever! What ever happened to her glasses? Oh, and what's up with posting naked pics of your wife on the web? I tell ya! But, that was a very very sweet post on your little wifey and you found some really great pics of her... I bet she was really glad that you found pictures of her where she looked so gorgeous. I also especially like the one from my wedding. happy Birthday Jen!

Sara and Company said...

Yay for birthdays!!! You truly are beautiful, inside and out, and I am continually awed by your efforts as a mommy, a healthy chef, and all of the fun and active things you do with your family. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Rachel Holloway said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY---YEAH!! What a great tribute! Am heading back to Jen's blog to give her the birthday wishes she deserves!

Kari said...

Still laughing at first picture...
just a second...
I would say I am shocked but I have a few of those myself. But I had braces instead of glasses. Happy Birthday Jen. It is wonderful to be 30. People in their 20's are so lame!!!!!

The Andersens said...

even though I already told you at the hospital, i think you are so beautiful! i LOVE the pic. of you holding aaron on your chest, (st. george?) and i love the 4th of July pic. and the pic. of you at Em's wedding. so so beautiful. i hope you realize what a wonderful wife you make alan. he seems to be grateful for you and rightly so. :) you take such good care of your little family. :)
love you lots!
happy birthday!

Holli said...

Wow, I love blast from the past pictures! Alan did a great job! What a sweet husband you have! I love you Jen! You are awesome! Happy Birthday!

Taylor said...

Alan, I am glad you realize that you lucked out in the wife department! Jen is definitely the best.

crowfamily said...

I was re-visting your pictures (you are so pretty Jenn!) And I noticed something. In the picture of you at your desk I noticed that you have mom's hands. Did you know that?