Monday, December 17, 2007
1. Favorite tradition: Without a doubt, my favorite Christmas-time tradition is setting our shoes out for St. Nicholaus. But i also enjoyed caroling back in the day when we had all the parts covered. I really like singing Christmas songs.
2. Least favorite tradition: I'd have to say that my least favorite tradition is ragging on Santa Claus. But granted, that's not my tradition, it's other peoples'. As much as i like caroling, sometimes i don't feel like going, so then it's also my least favorite tradition.
3. Favorite holiday treat: i don't know... i typically enjoy Christmas cookies, but only if they're soft. I always enjoy turkey, of course. But i'd have to say my favorite is probably hot chocolate, or eggnog... Oh, or this really good Apple Cider that we get through the Co-op, but hopefully that won't be limited to just the holidays.
4. Favorite holiday meal: i don't remember this being a tradition, except for turkey. i enjoy a mini-Thanksgiving meal for Christmas.
5. Favorite decoration: When it can be kept safe from little mischievous hands, i love setting up my "Christmas" train. Granted, it's not very Christmasy, but that's my favorite thing to put out. That and stockings.
6. Most memorable Christmas: i don't know. None of them really stick out for me.
7. Most missed tradition: i remember back when i was a kid Santa would always have extra presents for us that he forgotten that he would leave on the night of the 25th. i think he only did it a couple of times, and then maybe he realized it wasn't a very good idea. But that was always a lot of fun.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Oi. That's all i can say. When i have the opportunity i like to browse family and friend's blogs and am always mildly (very mildly) annoyed to see that people haven't updated their blogs for quite some time. But then i just realized i haven't posted anything in over a month. Like i said, oi! You may have ready from my wife's blog that we recently moved our office downstairs to the "master suite". We just added a walk-in closet to the bedroom and recarpeted the basement. Go figure, we had just barely reconnected everything and gotten the office all set up when the water heater quite literally blew up all over the place. Of course it ruined our brand new carpet (or at least the carpet pad) and made me quite frustrated. I can't remember the last time i was so just plain angry and frustrated. I shan't say more, because it'll just get me riled up and you probably don't want to hear it anyway. Anyway, Jen felt bad for me so she got me a new desk. I love it! Of course, i love my wife more, but i still like the desk a lot too.