Monday, December 17, 2007
1. Favorite tradition: Without a doubt, my favorite Christmas-time tradition is setting our shoes out for St. Nicholaus. But i also enjoyed caroling back in the day when we had all the parts covered. I really like singing Christmas songs.
2. Least favorite tradition: I'd have to say that my least favorite tradition is ragging on Santa Claus. But granted, that's not my tradition, it's other peoples'. As much as i like caroling, sometimes i don't feel like going, so then it's also my least favorite tradition.
3. Favorite holiday treat: i don't know... i typically enjoy Christmas cookies, but only if they're soft. I always enjoy turkey, of course. But i'd have to say my favorite is probably hot chocolate, or eggnog... Oh, or this really good Apple Cider that we get through the Co-op, but hopefully that won't be limited to just the holidays.
4. Favorite holiday meal: i don't remember this being a tradition, except for turkey. i enjoy a mini-Thanksgiving meal for Christmas.
5. Favorite decoration: When it can be kept safe from little mischievous hands, i love setting up my "Christmas" train. Granted, it's not very Christmasy, but that's my favorite thing to put out. That and stockings.
6. Most memorable Christmas: i don't know. None of them really stick out for me.
7. Most missed tradition: i remember back when i was a kid Santa would always have extra presents for us that he forgotten that he would leave on the night of the 25th. i think he only did it a couple of times, and then maybe he realized it wasn't a very good idea. But that was always a lot of fun.